Chicken and Dumplings from The Happening Housewife
For tonight’s Christmas in the Kitchen post, I decided to take a swing at one of the easiest recipe’s I have ever done but, usually fail at! This time, I decided to spin a little twist on the traditional recipe and add some of my favorite veggies!
6 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
2 Boxes Chicken Broth
1 Can Pillsbury Homestyle Biscuits
2 Celery Stalks
1/2 Yellow Onion
1/2 Head Cauliflower
Prep: Turn crock pot on high
1. Wash all veggies
2. Pour both containers of chicken broth into crock pot.
2. Cut chicken into quarters. Toss into crock pot.
3. Slice carrots, 1/2 onion, celery, and chop up cauliflower. Add into crock pot.
4. Add 1 tsp. black pepper, chicken seasoning, and salt.
5. Toss in a few pinches of cilantro.
6. Let cook for 3 hours
7. One hour before serving, add biscuits into crock pot. I found most recipes call to turn the crock pot to low once you add the biscuits but, they never “dumpling” enough for me so, I left it on high and they were PERFECT!
8. Before serving, add a topping of cilantro and you’re all set!
I hope you enjoyed this recipe! Subscribe to my blog for updates on all my future quick, housewife worthy recipes!