Looking for comfort food during these cold months but, don’t want the long, tedious work? You’ve come to the right place!
For this next piece of my Christmas in the Kitchen segment, I am sharing with you one of my favorite chicken meals!
- Veggies of your choice (We chose fresh green beans, carrots, and celery)
- 1 Can Cream of Chicken
- 1 Carton Chicken Broth
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 4 Cans of 7.5 oz. Pilsbury Biscuits OR 2 cans 14 oz. Biscuits
- 1 tblspn. Olive or Vegetable Oil
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 Cup Flour
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat Oven to 350. Chop Veggies. Place one layer of biscuits in the bottom of your pan. Dice or shred chicken.
1. Stir 1 can cream of chicken, 2 cups chicken broth, 1 cup flour into pot on medium to high heat. Once boiling, drop to a low simmer.
2. Add all veggies into sauce pan with 1 tblsp. oil. Cook until soft.
3. Once all veggies are soft, add chicken in and toss until cooked.
4. After chicken has been fully cooked, add chicken, thyme, bay leaf, and veggie mixture to cream of chicken pot. Lightly salt and pepper. Stir and let simmer for 15 minutes.
(If mixture seems too thin, add more flour. If mixture is too thick, add a bit of broth!)
5. Pour all ingredients over layer of uncooked biscuits, place in oven, and cook 10 minutes.
6. After 10 minutes, pull dish out of the oven and layer the rest of your biscuits over top of the dish.
7. Cook another 10 minutes or until top layer of biscuits are golden.
8. Serve and Enjoy!
Bake 10 Minutes
Layer top with biscuits, bake again until golden brown!