Last week we crossed another Florida State Park off of our family’s bucket list: Ravine Gardens State Park. It was BEAUTIFUL and totally worth the trip!
So, the boys and I collabed and came up with these TOP 5 reasons to visit the park THIS SPRING:
1. ELEVATION, ELEVATION, ELEVATION! There aren’t many places in Florida that you’ll find much elevation and this park DEFINITELY offers it! Make sure to climb the tall set of concrete stairs up to the bike trail and look down on the ravine. It was a hike for this pregnant mama but, so worth it.
2. The suspension bridges ROCK! Okay, so this was the boys’ FAVORITE part of the park, for obvious reasons. Neither of them could resist running across the rickety bridge from one side to the other love the ravine.
3. Azaleas are in FULL bloom. EVERYWHERE. Make sure to bring your camera along for the trip. The park hosts a monthly photo contest for photographers and momtographers alike and this month’s theme is Azaleas. The park is full of beautifully blooming purple and pink flowers that are simply irresistible.
4. The perfect picnic spots. Pack a lunch but, don’t pack an entire cooler. You’ll need something to carry up and down the steps throughout the park so, a thermal backpack or soft lunch box would be my recommendation! There are several shady spots throughout the park perfect to picnic!
5. Downtown Palatka (Specifically, Magnolia Cafe). So, this isn’t entirely relative to Ravine Gardens State Park BUT, only a FEW minutes away from the park is Historic Downtown Palatka. Home to the amazing and super adorable Magnolia Cafe. After out hike, all of our bellies were ready for something delicious and Magnolia Cafe offered the perfect brunch menu for our little family. This clean little spot had a menu filled with Crab Cakes Benedict, Belgian Waffles, Sandwiches and Wraps, and the tastiest “Redneck Benedict” you’ll ever put in your mouth. The eggs were poached to perfection and we all left super full!