Are you a Florida Native or someone who visits the Sunshine State for it’s amazing beaches and breathtaking ocean views?! Yes? Yes! I have the BEST kept secret beach for families that will spoil you with the greatest, stress-free beach day ever!
As much as I think I’ll hate myself for sharing this sweet spot, I know too well that sharing is caring and every family deserves a beach day as awesome as the ones we have!
For the last few years, we’ve been taking the boys to Cape Canaveral National Seashore. Let me tell you, even on it’s busiest holiday weekends this beach spot is filled more with sand and sun than people. We used to steer clear of the beach during holiday weekends or peak season but, no more! It doesn’t matter the time of day, we can always find parking and a private space on the beach without catching shade from the neighbor’s umbrella!
BUT, there are far more reasons to visit Canaveral National Seashore! Read on for 5 reasons you should make the trip with your family!
5 Reasons to Visit Canaveral National Seashore:
- Several Parking Areas: Even on it’s busiest days, we can always find parking in one of the parking lots! Just don’t go all the way to the very last parking area! You may catch a glimpse of a few nudies!
- Clean Showers & Bathrooms:Â This is a HUGE plus for us! When we’re all wrapped up for the day and ready to head home, nothing makes this easier than clean and accessible bathrooms and showers! We have a routine down when it comes to this part of the day all thanks to the showers and potties! Dad helps shower the boys while I rinse their swim suits and get them changed back into dry clothes!
- ZERO Beach Drivers:Â Thats right! There is ZERO driving on this area of the beach which makes a beach day with the boys stress-free, ten times more fun, and gives the boys more freedom to play as they wish! (Which we all know, in parent’s terms basically means a longer sleep afterwards! haha)
- Quiet & Low Populated:Â There are never more than a couple handfuls of families or couples on the beach here at the Seashore and because of that, this is one of our most favorite places to visit! We don’t spend all of our time worrying about losing an eye on the boys because there aren’t hundreds of people crowding the beach and we always have more of a private area on the beach under our umbrella! Not to mention, we can spread out so much more on the beach with our play toys, towels, wagon, and beach necessities!
- Brand New Boardwalks:Â After last year’s hurricane season, some of the boardwalks had damage that needed replacing! We love walking the brand new boardwalks down to the beach area and don’t ever have to worry about whether or not the boys have shoes or will get a splinter from running their hands along the rails!
Of course, all of the boys turned heads during our last trip to Canaveral National Seashore in their matching swim from Robert & Son! How freaking cute are they, right?!
You guys know what a sucker I am for matching swim wear or anything I can put the boys in that makes them look more like triplets than brothers with 2 years in between them! The fact that even dad can get in on the matching action literally just yanks at my heart strings every time we leave the house in them!
Look at all the beach action they had in these suits on our day at the Seashore!