You may be surprised to know this but, you don’t have to exit a park and go all the way back to your resort room for a sensory break while at Disney World! There are several areas in the parks that are less crowded and GREAT for down time if you’re little one needs a break! You can always head to the Baby Care Center in any of the parks but, sometimes it’s too far of a hike and you just don’t want to lose the time in your day at the BCC! Head to a low traffic area or hop on a slow, dimly lit ride to chill until your next Fast Pass or reservation! You may even get lucky and stumble upon a few characters during your down time!!
- Tomorrowland Transit Authority People-Mover
- Dumbo Play Area
- Tom Sawyer’s Island
- Liberty Belle Riverboat
- Mainstream U.S.A. Train Center
- Walt Disney World Railroad
- Tomorrowland Terrace *When it’s closed
- Fairytale Hall
- Gaston’s Tavern *Behind Gaston’s Fountain
- Imagination Pavillion
- The Living Seas Pavillion
- The Seas with Nemo and Friends
- Japan Pavillion: The Koi Pond
- Gardens in the U.K.
- Impressions de France
- Living with the Land
- The Magic of Disney Animation
- The Film At Walt Disney: One Man’s Dream
- Beauty and the Beast Live on Stage! *Sit in the high, overflow bleachers for more space to spread out!
- Voyage of the Little Mermaid
- Rafiki’s Planet Watch
- Maharajah Jungle Trek, Asia:
- Gorilla Falls Exploration Trail, Asia:
- Discovery Island Trails in Africa:
- The Tree of Life
There you have it! When your little needs a nap or the family is just aching for quiet time, head straight to one of these low-key areas and take a load off! Don’t forget, that if you’re running low on water you can always get cups of free water at any dining location! BONUS TIP* Tons of attractions open up during the parades! If you’re not set on seeing a parade during your time in the park, take your break prior to the parade time and then hit those quick moving lines after you’ve been refreshed!