Alright, friends! We crossed the finish line at Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy and the boys had a blast! With all first time experiences, there are always things we wish we’d known beforehand!! I’m here with 5 TIPS you NEED to know before visiting Hollywood Studios’ newest addition!
Behind Rockin’ Rollercoaster in Sunset Showcase! Take a right onto Sunset Blvd., left before you hit Tower of Terror, and follow around to the right behind Rockin’ Rollercoaster!
2. PHOTO SPOTS
- In front of the HUGE Lightning McQueen images on the striped wall
- Step out far in front of Sunset Showcase (where the show is!)
- Of course don’t miss your photo with the animated cars, DJ and Cruz Ramirez!
- Don’t miss this perfect opportunity for an open spot to get a great shot in front of Tower or Terror!
- Grab a pic at the gate with the racing flags and Racing Academy logo
- My absolute favorite: The Rust-Eze striped wall
3. MEET AND GREETS
There are two animated vehicles to meet in the Cars Courtyard! You’ll meet DJ and Cruz Ramirez!
- When meeting DJ, do not pass silver line. I repeat: DO NOT PASS THE SILVER LINE. You might get taken out by a cast member if you do.
- However, when meeting Cruz Ramirez, you are welcome to stand on the checkered mat! Also, touching Cruz gently is allowed!
4. THE SHOW
Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy is a show. There is no movement whatsoever in this attraction! Sit on a metal red bench as you watch Lightning race in a simulator on a wraparound screen! During this 10 minute show, you’ll see on-screen cameos by Tow-Mater, Flo, and other pals from Radiator Springs!
- There is no video or photo allowed in this attraction.
- For best viewing, sit near the middle of the center section!
- There is NO actual line in the waiting area. So, once you enter the queue, get up close to the doors! FILL IN THOSE GAPS!!
- There is expected to be no more than a 15 minutes maximum wait for this attraction since it is a continuous show!
- Be prepared for trivia on the screen while the room fills up!
- If you get motion sickness easily, be warned that although there is no actual movement in this attraction, you may feel a bit queasy from the large screens!
- There is some smoke and booms during the show but, nothing that seemed to scare our young children or those around us, during our visit!
Yes! There are bathrooms in this area of the park!
It’s a great, quiet potty spot to get relief!
Other things to mention:
There is no Fast Pass+ available for this attraction as it is a continuous show!
The boys THOROUGHLY enjoyed their time with Lightning! Thanks for following along and reading! Keep up with our Disney adventures and daily chaos over on Instagram @thehappeninghousewife!