This post contains affiliate links. By clicking these links, I may make a small commission at no cost to you.
Summer is here and we’re spending as much time on the beach as possible these days! The boys LOVE spending our summers catching waves, soaking up sun, and yes- even snacking on handfuls of sand! With two boys out of toddler stage well onto seeking their independence and a quick-moving baby, our beach days can easily be riddled with chaos! Over the years, we’ve learned how to make our beach days a little easier and A LOT more enjoyable with tiny ones in tow!
It’s no hidden secret that our babies have incredibly delicate skin! That’s why as moms, we make every effort in caring for their skin in the best ways possible! Whether it’s moisturizing, sun care, or rash prevention, we’ve always got baby covered! But, do you have baby covered?!
We spend a lot of time in the sun, especially during these summer months! It keeps our littles busy and when bed time rolls around, there’s no trouble getting them down! Thank you, Florida sunshine! With that, comes the need for constant sun protection! Which is why when it comes to our baby, some of our top favs for the beach help prevent harsh rays from burning our babe’s delicate skin!
- Sun Hat: Protect baby’s neck, ears, and face with a sun hat! These ones are our favorite! The UPF 50+ material offers protection and is quick-drying in case baby gets wet! It also has a strap to keep the hat in place which, personally is my FAVORITE feature for baby’s on the go!
- Sun Shirts: Keep your baby’s skin burn free with an extra layer of protection! These sun shirts andÂ rash guards are a MUST for our days in the summer! The boys live inÂ them all season long! They dry quick and keep the sun out!
- Baby Powder:Â If you’re a first time parent, this may be a new one for you for sure BUT, baby powder is a beach MIRACLE! Easily dust sand off of your baby with a sprinkle of baby powder! Try it-IT WORKS!
- Mess-Free Dry Snacks:Â Fruit is always great on the beach but, wet watermelon and soggy strawberries are a mating call for sand! Stick with dry stuff like cherries, pretzels, and cheese puffs for an easy snack!
- Water Shoes: YES! You may not realize this but, the bottom of our baby’s feet is super sensitive and beach sand can get HOT! So, grad a pair of water shoes for your baby to keep their feet cool on the hot sand! These ones are our fav!
- Foldable All Terrain Wagon:Â Guys, if you’re a parent and you don’t have a foldable all terrain wagon by now, you’re not living your best life! We LOVE our Keenz but, they’re pretty pricey and for beach trips, this one is equally as great! Stack all of your beach essential AND baby into your wagon and tote it down the beach with free hands and a lot less stress! This one is worth spending a little extra money for all terrain beach wheels!
- Reusable Swim Diapers:Â I didn’t even know swim diapers were a necessity until we were 3 kids in and I was TOTALLY missing out! These swim diapers can be worn under a pair of trunks but, I prefer a vision of full chunky baby thigh so, we let Linc fly free in just his swim diaper and OH is he the cutest!
- Sunscreen: This is an obvious one but, make sure when buying a sunscreen that you’re buying a baby friendly, high SPF cream and giveÂ your baby goodÂ coverage every hour!
- Pop-up Beach Tent:Â Need I go into depth on this one? Nap time, snack time, chill time-This one is a must and super cheap without taking up tons of room in your tote!
- Waterproof Beach Blanket:Â Like swim diapers, I didn’t realize what a necessity this was until far too late in my parenting game. We bought ours on clearance at Target years ago and it’s lasted without andy tears or holes and several washes! Our beach blanket make relaxing, lounging, and playing SO much more enjoyable for our family but, especially Linc!
- Beach Toys: Grab your babe some big wheel plastic beach trucks and a few small plastic shovels! It doesn’t take much to entertain baby at the beach but, you’ll be glad you brought along a few toys when you’re ready to get out of the water! They’re even great inside your pop up tent to entertain baby before a nap!
- Spray Bottle:Â SUPER cheap and game changing! Fill a cheap spray bottle with clean water and spritz on baby when they start getting covered in sand or before snack time!