Last week we took the boys to Disney’s Animal Kingdom so they could hunt for all of the Lion King characters hidden throughout Harambe Village!
We love all of the scavenger hunts organized by Walt Disney World but, this is one of our favorites to date!
Know Before You Go:
- Where can I buy a Scavenger Hunt sticker map?Discovery Trading Company, Island Mercantile, Outpost, or Mombasa Marketplace
- How much is it to play?The map costs $6.99 each. If you have more than one player who would like their own map, you will need to purchase an additional map.
- Can I use an Annual Passholder Discount to purchase?YES! You can use your APH discount when purchasing to save!
- What exactly am I looking for on this scavenger hunt?Wooden carvings of Lion King characters that look similar in shape to the stickers on your map
- I have small children, is this really hard?!It can be difficult for tiny ones to see up high so, I suggest letting them out of their stroller to walk or putting them on your shoulders and use the clues below to help when searching! What I love most about this scavenger hunt, unlike the ones in Epcot, is that it’s situated in a smaller area and easy to do in less than an hour while you’re in the park! It doesn’t require a ton of walking and because it can be accomplished pretty quick, it’s not as boring for littles, as some of the wider range hunts in other parks!
- Do we get a prize or anything if we finish?YES! This wouldn’t be Disney if you didn’t get a magical prize at the end! Return your finished map to The Outpost Shop in the Oasis or Mombasa Marketplace in Harambe by September 28, 2019 or while supplies last for a surprise! You don’t need to turn your map in on the day that you purchased, just before 9/28!
- Cool! What’s the prize?With each returned scavenger hunt map, you will receive a wooden hand-painted magnet! Choose from one of three designs (Mufasa & Simba, Scar, or Simba!
Now, let’s get to where you can find the ten hidden Lion King characters around Harambe!
Keep your eyes in the sky! Most of the carvings are found up high on top of buildings and shelves!
Look near The Festival of The Lion King for this one!
This guy can be found near the water and through a rusted gate! Depending on where you stand, you may need to look down below!
Behind the entrance to Tusker House you’ll see Mufasa high over the kingdom!
In the lonely overflow Stroller Parking area for The Festival of The Lion King, you’ll see Scar perched up high near a light post.
5. The Lion Family
In the center of the market, keep your eyes up high to find Mufasa and his family!
Rafiki can be found inside one of the 4 places the Scavenger Hunt is sold!
Need sunscreen or an autograph book? Find Zazu under the shade of an outdoor one-stop shop!
Under the shade of the fruit market is where you’ll find our friend, Timon!
Near a large painted mural on a fence, you’ll find Nala resting up high!
10. Simba & Nala
You’ll hear the drums playing right below Simba and Nala!