This post contains affiliate links. By clicking these links, I may make a small commission at no cost to you.
We’re approaching the holidays quicker than you can say, “You serious, Clark?” So, I’ll be coming at you with some killer gift guides over the next three weeks to set you up for success when shopping for the ones you love!
Shopping for your husband can often prove to be a chore. I know. I live it three times a year (Father’s Day, birthday, & Christmas) and always find myself thinking, “What do I get the man who buys himself what he wants when he wants it?!” Nine times out of ten, when I ask what he wants, my inquiry is followed with either a laughable response for a “bedroom favor” or he tells me he doesn’t need or want anything but, when he does, he will just buy it. For me, as someone who loves to gift (non-bedroom favors, to be clear) this sucks. I want to wrap something in a box, tie it with a bow, and see his forced, over-joyed excitement in order to fulfill my gift giving desire!
This year, for my Gift Guide for Dad, the two of us sat together and compiled a list of the things he genuinely LOVES, wants, and needs. Several of the items are things that have become go-to’s as gifts for him annually because they either nee replacing or upgrading! As with all of my guides, these are our Tried and True picks! (Not just cute-sie items I pulled from Amazon because they looked good in pictures or on a Pinterest Pin! These are ACTUAL items that he uses and genuinely loves in our day to day life.)
BEST GIFTS FOR DAD
- Nest Thermostat It’s number one on this list for a reason! My hubby loves our Nest system but, his favorite: The thermostat!
- UGG Hard Sole Ascot Slippers Perfect for walking out in the mornings with the hard soles and comfortable insides! These are more like house shoes than slippers and are an annual purchase in our home!
- The Art of Shaving Sandalwood Beard Comb You’ll see a few beard essentials on this list but, this simple piece is perfect for a stocking or tucked into a gift box with other beard items! Keep it tame, gentlemen!
- Powerbeats Pro Wireless Ear Phones These are on the high price point side of the list but, for a husband who hates cords, likes to work out, or needs something to listen to audio books in the car while the kids are jamming out to the new Frozen 2 soundtrack, these are a win!
- Asics Gel Kayano Sneakers My hubby loves his Asics, specifically the ones on this list! They’re comfy, last forever, and aren’t super heavy!
- Garmin Fenix 5X Watch I would say do your research before making this purchase because it’s the most expensive thing on this list (and I almost didn’t add it) but, James has had his since it’s release, and before this one, had the previous model for 3 years without issue. He wears it DAILY and uses all of it’s functions so, for him, the investment was totally worth every penny. If you have an active, techy guy-this is a great choice!
- Honest Amish Beard Oil One of the best! For years my husband searched for the perfect beard oil. We even resorted to making our own at one point! This is his tried and true, favorite!
- Smart Home Outlet Plugs I don’t think I need to go into detail on this one but, these plugs are cheap and pair perfectly to your Alexa devices! The one thing they can’t do? Put your kids to bed.
- Carhartt Beanie A great stocking stuffer!
- Distil Union Slim Wallet James has had this exact wallet going on 6 years now. We’ve only had to replace it once because it had stretched too wide from shoving too many of my “here honey, hold this will ya?” items inside!
- Firestick If you don’t have one yet, a Firestick is an awesome, affordable gift for the man in your life! Take it with you when you travel or move from room to room!
- Ring Battery Stick-Up Camera We’ve been torn between the Nest and Ring systems for some time since our move. We LOVE our Nest products but, Ring still holds true to their great customer service so, you can’t go wrong with these battery operated cameras! *I’ve also added the Nest cameras to my Amazon Storefront’s Best Gifts for Dad depending on the system you prefer! We’ve tried and love both!
- Piggyback Rider Have a husband who isn’t a fan of baby carriers? Or a kid that’s just too big to fit?! The Piggyback Rider is AWESOME. Dad wears it like a backpack and a kid just stands on the foot bar!
- The Art of Shaving Kit Another annual gift-This full sized gift set from The Art of Shaving lasts for months on end!
- Columbia Leather Belt You can’t go wrong with a great leather belt for dad!
- Men’s Original Sperry’s This is one of those gifts my husband usually beats me to buying before Christmas but, is a favorite for him!
Shop the ENTIRE list, here!
Updates with more awesome picks will be added to my Amazon Storefront’s Best Gifts for Dad weekly, up until Christmas so check back often for more!