Spending the majority of your days out in the sun lately? Yes? Move on to the next question – Are you also finding yourself battling kids for daily sunscreen application? Yes? Yes. Same here, girlfriend. I know that struggle and have the sudden onset of a headache just thinking about it.
That’s where SwimZip comes in to play.
Man do I love the beach, our Florida springs, and shoot-even the endless days of Summer in our personal pool but, my constant “BOYS! Come here now and get this sunscreen before you go play (get sand on you, jump in the pool, get wet…you catch my drift)!” shouting gets old, fast. It’s an all out, full blown event- a legit down pour of shenanigans, EVERY SINGLE DAY.
After one too many meltdowns and accidental sunscreen squirts to the eye, I went on the hunt to find something that I could supplement our frequent sunscreen applications. That’s how I found SwimZip!
TheÂ SwimZip brand designs and creates UV 50+ swimwear & accessories for all ages. Their UPF 50+ finish blocks 98% of the sunâ€™s cancer-causing UVA and UVB rays. They offer easy-on, easy-off full length, no-pinch zipper swimwear and theirÂ articles are made with chlorine resistant fabric and sewn with flat-lock stitching for comfort!Â
The SwimZip Mission:
“Develop stylish, fashionable, and functional sun protective products that allow people to enjoy life in the sun. We design, manufacture, and market a range of quality sun protection products including sun protective clothes, SPF clothing, sun hats, sun protection swimwear, and rash guards. SwimZip is a private company based in Kansas.”
While we aren’t totally doing away with our sunscreen applications, we have been able to spread out our application times on those larger covered body parts and the boys are digging the rash guards!
Rash guards aside, I was super excited to see that they offer Euro style shorts for boys. Because we spend a lot of our days in swimwear, the boys tend to prefer Euro style shorts made of a more breathable, stretchy fabric (think women’s/girl’s swim fabric). They can wear them for Â longer periods of time and chaffing is pretty much non existent in the Euro short style (even when wet). As a mom of 4 boys, I greatly appreciate that!
(ABOVE: Linc is wearing the Euro shorties in the new 2020 Lemons collection.)
What we love about SwimZip:
- Added Sun protection
- Many styles & cuts to choose from
- Family matching
- Their hats are a personal FAVORITE (Adult & Kid hats)
- Chlorine Resistant (so, they’ll last longer than most)
- High quality stitching & fabric
- Trendy but, not cheeky!
Sizing & Fit:
- Bottoms – True to size (I love a good cheeky bottom but, I also VERY much appreciate a regular cut suit which is what I get here!)
- Top – Runs a little big (I’m at an in-between stage right now since I’m 4 months Postpartum and also breastfeeding. So, I went with a Medium (normally a Small when not PP or BF) and it was surprisingly a tad big. However, I would have been comfortable in either size! Currently: 36C)
- Rash Guard: I have a Medium and I would say because this is a “cover” and not the actual swim top, the fit depends on your personal styling preference! The medium is a little loose on me but, incredibly comfortable so, again- I would have been happy in either the small or medium right now!
- Bottoms: True to size (However, James has very muscular thighs so, it probably would be better for him to size up to give more mobility in the thicker fabric! Waist sizing is exact!)
- Rash Guard: True to size
*I can’t speak to girls because, well, I have none lol
- Trunks: True to Size
- Euro Shorties: Great sizing! I would however, size up for longer wear as I always do with Euros for the boys! SwimZip has really nice ties in theirs so, you’d be fine with a size up! (I also size up for Lin because of the diaper!)
- Rash Guard: True to Size