Who else is barely surviving the Summer heat these days? (Give me a virtual hand raise!) On a scale of 1 to 100Âº, I think I max out every single day feeling like it’s pushing the verge of 100Âº+ here in Florida. Pair that with kids stuck at home for justttt about 6 months who snack all day long and you’re probably about to pull every single hair out of your head, like me. I know I’m not alone in this “how many snacks can we make survive another 24 hour period?” thought process. It never ends. As I sit here typing this, I have two kids at my feet (literally) who are snacking on popcorn after their second dinner. Yes, I said second dinner.
We try to do really good about being intentional with the snack choices we bring into our home, especially when the snacking is happening quite frequently. I want to make sure what they’re supplementing (or substituting lol) their meals with, is healthy.
With all the snacking the boys are doing and the amount of time we try to encourage being outside, popsicles have become a true Summer staple in our home.
If you haven’t hopped on the DIY popsicle train yet, don’t worry-there’s still time to grab a ticket! haha! Seriously though, most recipes take only a few ingredients with some time overnight in your freezer. Not only are they easy and inexpensive but when you’re the one choosing the ingredients you’re putting into them, it’s not such a mental battle when your little ones have annihilated the entire stash.
We’re huge coconut fans in this house so, the flavor of these lime coconut popsicles has been one that the boys have asked for over and over again!
- 2 limes
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons Shredded coconut
- *1 cup Coconut Water can be split with coconut milk for hydration!
- Popsicle Molds
- Popsicle Sticks (also dowels or sugar cane work great too!)
- Roll then zest limesÂ
- Squeeze juice out of the lime & set aside
- Blend coconut milk, zest of lime, & lime juice into blender to blend.
- Stir in shredded coconut
- Pour mixture into popsicle molds
- Set sticks in molds & place into the freezer overnight
- When you are ready to serve, run the molds under hot water for 20 seconds to loosen & release popsicles