1. Get your rest the night before. This includes EVERYONE attending with you-mom, baby, grandma, toddlers, husbands…definitely husbands. MommyCon is FULL of amazing speakers, exhibitors, and things to do and see. Making sure to have plenty of rest the night before will only make your day, and everyone else’s ten times easier!
2. Pack lightly and definitely pack snacks. Between all of the fabulous swag and awesome must haves that you may (probably) purchase from the MommyCon shop, your hands are sure to be full. My best advice here is to pack a small backpack, preferably one with insulation for cold snacks, and only MUST haves for your day!
3. Be prepared for LOADS of info. MommyCon is really fantastic when it comes to sending all of their moms home with knowledge. You may want to bring a pen and notepad in your lightly stuffed bag!
4. Bring the littles. This event is well known for the #crunchymamasunite club. It’s a total judgement free zone equipped with activity areas for toddlers, changing stations, and a free boobing experience. No one looks twice at a breastfeeding mama or a melting toddler. Its pretty…normal and super comfortable with extra hands galore!
5. SAVE SAVE SAVE! The MommyCon Shop has tons of goodies you’ll definitely want to bring home with you so, start saving now or be prepared to “borrow” from your little one’s piggy banks!
6. Consider bringing Mom “business” Cards. Looking to meet new moms in your area with similar interests or kids the same age as yours? MommyCon is literally THE PERFECT place. Make it easier on everyone and print of some quick info cards you can pass out to your new mom BFF. Just add your name, kids ages, city, and phone number! Juggling kids, a baby in a carrier, a backpack full of swag, and a package of bunny crackers while trying to pull out your phone to add a new mom friend into your contact list isn’t easy. Show them you really want to stay connected with this easy way to stay in touch! (Print some FREE HERE!!)
7. Research the VIP sessions. VIP sessions cost more than general admission tickets and can sell out but, can definitely be worth that little extra bit! Look into the VIP sessions at your MommyCon upon registering!
8. Try to pass on the stroller or stroller share with a friend. This event brings in TONS of mamas so, space can get a little too crammed for a stroller! If you absolutely need one, see if you and a friend can share one stroller rather than bringing two and if your babe doesn’t want to walk, you’re sure to need your hands so, consider wearing instead of pushing!
9. Join YOUR MommyCon group on Facebook! There’s one for every MommyCon city! Find yours HERE. The mamas in these groups are super helpful and make it easy to carpool, stroller share, and chat before the event!
10. DON’T STRESS! MommyCon creators and staff have got their mamas covered in more ways than you’d imagine! Moms are free to breastfeed without a cover as they need, changing areas are available, there are extra hands everywhere you turn, quiet spaces are accesible, and electrical outlets are typically at your service somewhere in the event space for plugging in! You’re covered everywhere you look so, come stress free and prepared to have a really great time!
Don’t forget to check your city’s dates and save on your ticket at ANY city with this special code from me to you!